For the last couple of years, we developers have been struggling with IE incompatibilities while creating and testing our sites. Those include the non-native support for PNG transparencies, the box model bug, and many many more.

Thanks to the effort of many developers, documenting and gathering information about them, sometimes even providing workarounds, we’ve somehow managed to deal with them.

IE7, however, was supposed to solve all these bugs, and add those all missing features. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In this article I’ll highlight some of the new built-in annoyances.

PNG issue solved. Or not

Microsoft expert developers claimed in April 26, 2005 that “overall, transparent PNG support is looking quite solid in IE7, based on our tests“. I’ll show you now how solid it really is.

I recently published an article that went through the creation of a menu which used some 32Bit transparent pngs, and if the browser didn’t support them, it’d rely on gifs. As my personal computer is a MacBook PRO, I could only test it with Safari, Firefox, and my brother’s Internet Explorer 6. I trusted IE7 developers, and I assumed that PNG would work fine with that browser. Shortly after making it to the Digg homepage, I found out that my menu wasn’t working on IE7.

Thanks to this miraculous IE7 screenshots service, I could see myself what IE7 was showing to my visitors. (I’ve fixed this temporarily by also serving GIFs to Internet Explorer 7 after people noticing the black background, which explains why you can currently see this problem)

PNG on Safari and Internet Explorer 7

Yes, I can hear you scream. It’s not even the light blue color IE6 would display for a transparent PNGs. It’s black.

On a side note, you might have noted that the menus colors look differently.

A comment in the IEBlog suggested that setting the DPI to a value equal or higher than 120 resulted in this behavior. For the time being, I’ve resolved to switch back to transparent GIFs and curse IE7.

More CSS and rendering bugs

Although they’ve successfully fixed many bugs, it’s still quite evident that their browser is still far from perfect.

This is an interesting list of sites full of IE7 bugs:

Of course I haven’t verified all those myself, nor am I sure they have been fixed in the last release. But I’m certain that it’s not bug-free at all, not even its CSS support, as evidenced by many sites use of conditional comments to introduce IE7-specific CSS rules. Looking at Digg <head> we find an example of this:

What now?

If we check some browser usage stats, there’s no doubt that IE7 is already an important player. But IE6 still doubles its share, which only means that we not only have to support, struggle and deal with IE6 inefficiencies, but also with those that Microsoft has now introduced with IE7.

Maybe they’re still listening to our complaints, and IE7.5 will address these. I don’t really care about their products, but it’s still affecting the way we work. They’re seriously good at making everything harder everytime they release a new browser version. Yet another reason to encourage everyone switch.

Ctrl+Z said

Excelente que te hayas dispuesto a averiguar el inconveniente con IE7. Felicitaciones de un compañero argentino (y).. y muy groso que tengas solo 16 años y ya hagas estas cosas muy grosas..

ahora faltaria “updetear” el tutorial del menus ^^

Felicitaciones nuevamente.. directo a mis feeds ^^

raveman said

Całkowicie się z tobą zgadzam, mam nadzieje, że zmieni się to kiedyś :)

czy aby na pewno trzeba już obsługiwać IE7?

Al said

Otro post mas que ataca a MS. Que novedad.
En serio crees que se dedican a ver como atacarte como developer con cada release?
Como recomendación, si tan importante asi es IE como para que tengas un post acerca de el, deberias probar como funciona tu website, antes de liberarlo al publico.
Pero creo que esas experiencias las aprenderas con el tiempo.

Andy said

I checked your menu using IE7 it works. So this post is a waste of time.

@Andy.

Check twice. I had to disable the PNGs. Check the commented lines in the CSS files.

@Al, @raveman

This blog’s language is english.

Chris said

I think that may be a bug in the screenshot service, I’m using IE7 now and the highlight on the menu displays fine.

Interesting article, and as we’ve encountered several IE7 bugs where I work ourselves, I agree w/ you that not much seems to really be fixed. However, I must say one thing. I would keep using the PNGs. Keep making sites that are going to look jacked in IE7 if it’s the browser’s fault for bad support. If enough of us web developers would just go ahead and do this one simple thing rather than trying to cater to a buggy browser, that more than anything would force Microsoft’s hand in truly fixing the problems in their products.

Richie said

Jesus guys, he already said he stopped using PNG’s therefore the screenshot no longer applies because he had to make his self less efficient to cling to his IE7 users.

Cam said

@Bryce Fields

I would, if only that was possable, or made any sense at all. I have to make money, and if the customer wants it to work in IE (which every single one of them do) then it will work in IE. My problem right now is making it work in both IE and Safari, all my IE fixes break Safari. XD

But, whether we like it or not, we need the money, and the customer is the one that gives us that. We can’t just dump IE because the customer base won’t.

I also would. I just can’t help but wonder how come a multibillion dollar company constantly fails at creating a good browsing product for both developers and users.

Kevin said

My main beef with IE7 is that they still haven’t figured out how to adequately fix the insertion of .swf media onto their pages – like firefox has for quite some time!

Why do I have to insert a javascript fix to eliminate the border around .swf files and why do I have to click on them once in order to actually make them active (without the javascript fix)?

Steve said

As far as I can tell, they haven’t fixed anything. In a way that’s a good thing as now I don’t have to figuire out a way to install IE6 with my copy of IE7.

@Bryce

Fact is, you can’t simply start ignoring IE7 users by leaving in bugs and hoping they will switch. Why? Because it’ll never happen.
You can ignore all of the older generations and less-computer-savvy people and you’ll still have a losing battle. I’m on a computer science course at a leading university and I’ve had discussions about web browsers and faced two problems.
1) People don’t like change. Even when it’s better for them.
2) People don’t understand the problem. They aren’t web developers, they haven’t experienced the torment of having to code a website to get it to work in IE, and until they do, I’m sure they’ll never learn.
Right now I like to point out how much faster my tabs open in Opera than they do in IE7 and the fact that they are persistent across browser sessions, but I think the only way is to start pre-loading PCs without IE7 and with an alternative. Which I guess means more Macs and more Linux!

@Kevin

That’s just one more absolutely ridiculous security “feature”. Just like Vista asking confirmation for everything you do.

As you mention, Firefox has always been the safest browsing alternative, and without that stupid border.

Back in November I got my hands on IE7 for the first time. I usually create sites for the rest of the browsers and then debug for IE. Because IE7 had just been released, I had already corrected all the issues for IE6. I was very surprised to find that I had to use a 2nd IE7 specific stylesheet with some hacks in addition to my IE6 stylesheet. Some bugs were duplicated accross both browsers, but some in IE7 were new, or required entirely different solutions than IE6.

It was frustrating to realize that I now had 3 major browser contingents to code for, pre-IE7, IE7, and everything else. MS had just added a good chunk to my workload. Fun.

Uche said

Kevin: The reason IE puts a border around embedded media is because Eolas Technologies owns the patent on inline plugins, and they sued Microsoft to block them from using it.

Opera also exhibits this behavior. I can only guess that the reason Firefox doesn’t is because it’s open source and not owned by any one large entity (or maybe the Mozilla corporation licensed Eolas’ technology.)

For those of you who want to (read: have to) support IE6 and IE7, try out Multiple IEs, which lets you have any IE version you care about installed and running simultaneously.

@Uche
I didn’t know about that, but something doesn’t seem right. They sued Microsoft to add a border before you can do anything else? And aren’t they sueing them to remove the Javascript hack?

Darman said

Andy, if anything’s a waste of time, it’s reading about Microsoft “fixing” things for IE 7. I do web professionally and IE 7 is just as much a POS as all the other versions.

Al said

Actually, Guillermo, you’re wrong. It has nothing to do with security. It is a matter of legal compliance.

The requirement to click on a swf file is a result of the EOLAS lawsuit. In order to avoid a billion plus dollar judgement, Microsoft was required by the lawsuit to not allow things like flash to be fully interactive without user intervention. Go google “eolas lawsuit” if you want details.

Take it up with the lawyers and the idiots who started the lawsuit, not Microsoft., who were forced to change IE to comply.

Al who worked on IE until early-2006.

Buen artículo, estoy haciendo una referencia en mi blog al respecto. Saludos!

Al said

Uche (hi! I know you!), Firefox isn’t being sued by Eolas because Eolas publicly stated that they weren’t going to go over open source products, only commercial ones. The patent applies to Firefox as well but Eolas isn’t going after them.

@AI

I see now… yet another reason to make everyone switch Firefox then.

I don’t get it, why not just use gifs from the start – they work everywhere, support transparency!

Al said

Yes, it is an evil Microsoft plot to get itself sued for more than a billion dollars just to screw with you. You’ve found them out!!!

Al said

Joost guy,

Because gifs only have 256 colors?

omtc said

i feel ya!!!!!!! they really do make things hard for us CSS producers. the RIAA must be developing IE browsers huh? haha punks

ron said

Joost guy,
because gifs dont have alpha transparency.

For the Web, PNG really has three main advantages over GIF:

- alpha channels (variable transparency),
- cross-platform gamma correction (control of image brightness) and color correction
- two-dimensional interlacing (a method of progressive display).

Lach said

GIFs only support transparent pixels, PNG supports alpha transparencies. A PNG can have a semitransparent pixes, whereas the semi-transparency in GIFs is merely dithering.

Mark said

IE7 is a giant turd. You trade one set of problems in IE6 for a whole new set of problems in IE7 with no common grounds.

I don’t know what web sites MS used to test their improvement in CSS, must have been internal ones or ones already hacked for IE6.

Instead of MS fixing their browser to use standards correctly, they’re forcing every web designer to work around a whole new set of bugs. We’re actually WORSE off, as designers, with the new IE7, as we now have to support 3 browsers groups: IE6, IE7, everybody else.

Friend said

Thanks for the link to netrenderer… very useful service! Which, of course, speaks to the fact that we *need* such a service– and that is what’s truly unfortunate. In any case, great writeup.

Jean Ghalo said

well finally i found a place where i can shout and shout and where there is some1 shouting with me…

every time we develop a website we have to go over and have the special editing to fit IE6 and as its said in the article today IE7 so in place of fixing the problem they got us more headache to worry about and work…

why dont they do it simple and clean like Opera FF or they are special,,, dont give a f0000k about their products but let they get away from us and let us work properly.

i think the nightmare of every web developer is the browsers compatibility and all the thanks goes to IE :)

regards,
jean

IE7 chokes on a javascript array with more than about 8k entries. IE6 is fine, 7 gives a javascript syntax error when loading the same page.

Splitting the array into an array of smaller arrays didn’t help either, it blew up at the same point.

V1nce said

They still haven’t fixed IE7 partially loading images if you use ITALICS on your webpage next to an image. Italics even breaks LINKS in IE7!

Emily said

I’m a project manager for a website development company, and we tell our clients NOT to use IE7, it has caused many problems which is making it more and more incompatible with ASP.NET, I have one clients website I made more accessible for Firefox and have them using that to run the program we’ve developed for them, since they are not computer literate enough to uninstall IE7 and use 6.

There are still problems with IE7 and google, yahoo and msn toolbars and popup blockers.

I will never use a microsoft product/upgrade for a minimum of a year after it has been released, and sometimes longer, and this is proof positive as to why.

Robert said

I have a site that look great in everything EXCEPT IE FREAKIN’ 7!!!

I can’t wait until MS releases IE 7,5, IE 8, IE 8.5 and IE 9…

I’m really really looking forward to adding some more nasty shit to my pages and creating new stylesheets every time MS decides to release another just broken product.

Couldn’t some webdevvers start a class-action suit against microsoft for saddling them up with costs they can’t charge to their clients?

awahid said

Ahhhh!
Why do Microsoft always develop BUGS!,
I found out IE6 and IE 7 has pixel problems as well,
just 1pixel difference between IE6 and IE7

Afzal Ali said

All of you opensource lovers always blame Microsoft but the problem is that you use the stuff that is not been supported appropriately and Microsoft is one who actually made you aware of a UI.

I would say each new version will surely have bugs or minor issues and to me these are for obvious reasons. As most of the customers uses Microsoft IE why not you all decide to start thinking about using Microsoft tools to develop your sites? Or at least think about a single standard.

A product in use by 100 of 1000′s will have 100 of 1000′s customers and similar number of cries as everyone has a new thought. Opensource will never succeed unless they give good competition and results. How many of you use Linux now a days? Don’t tell me you don’t have XP at home!

Judith said

I guess I’m just a “me too” person here. I really think that IE7 will simply be forced on everyone (I managed to stop that auto-upgrade happening) and that they will use that to leverage live.com as a default search engine somehow.

I have confidence they will use IE7 somehow to try and force themselves into a better SE position despite the fact so many of us don’t want to and won’t use it.

But really… IE7 just needs fixin’ fast or Firefox really will make huge strides and move towards an even more dominant position.

ff said

ff

IE is crap.

there is lot complain lately but mostly because ie like to write hack than real fix. most of their fixed are just a wrapper. like the png transparency support.

and thanks for the ie netrender link. its very handy tool.

Oooups, I am truly Sorry… it escaped, it was an error and swearing to god for if it might help to become true once it is required and public.

In the MEANtime you can study and find a possible solution between the heartfull amount of tecnical papers and codes we have thoroughly arranged for your convenience and eager to study how simple bugs can produce vast amounts of shitload or redundant work and as a welcome (side) effect a company makes a pity of a benefit compared to the sum the underlying targeted collective of organized and individual Users, Companies and Entities that rely on fraudulent Data to make an Investment in a Product and Service.

Tomorrow I will Proclaim the heaven on Earth, We are All Same, Perfect. CourtYards become obsolete, All products run fine, no money is lost neither time is spend but to provide service 100% and focusing on the features and no bugs at all.

Thus Laws become enabled and relate to Current Individual and Social Needs and Rights in Concordance and Coexistence and The lack of its Presence where a person stands and bases its natural comprehension, expenses or investments on the belief of a 1:1 concordance of preach and product as advertized and promised by an organized collective. A collective is made by persons allways and there is no Company as Such who can be blamed. For all tasks there is a responsability which is represented by the companies/organisation management, which is / are the persons in charge to manage according to the subjects and objects and promised Featureset.

Open Source is not at all about Operating Systems known today as Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, BSD, Solaris, AmigaOS4 … and etc.

Open Source is a concept that goes FAR BEYOND a simply tecnical, political, strategical, economical or scientific understanding.
Open Source evolved as a common need of many and started with few.
Open Source has become the driving force of innovation and progress which is centered on individual, user, developer and customer experience and effective conveniences based on best practice, thought and intention in all terms, whether imminent or in the bigger picture of a culture that claims to rule the world of the common collective in respect and equality of the very same goals of each and every within a global and national economy that relies on tokens of exchange to merit and sustain and grow in each time and instant and place by creative productive forms of Social and Economic Interaction.

Reply to Afzal Ali’s comment:

While your idea holds true as such if seen as logic image in the brain in clear space and without contempling a “persona”, 100% User 100% Choices and 100% Rights…

It is not Within the Most Simple Understanding of Modern Economics to adjust to a Single Private Company
Standard(s) and on a Worldwide Basis;

This is called By the Way a MONOpoly;

A Kingdom for One Lord of All if You Dare to Say.

Eclipsing All other Marketplayers to reach a Common 100% Userbase is quite absurd and even inmoral.

One could say it is Ignorant to Basic Individual and Entrepreneur Rights Worldwide.

Todays Economics and Cultural Growing includes as Good as every Type of Licence and Legal Framework and Also Community and Common Best Practices (lat. habitus, mores).

In Fact Before a Clear Regulation of Economic Practices was even conceived by Governments,
Moral Principles in (Best) Legislation Practice was the Preceeding Concept applied to LawSuits and Disputes.

In another Meaning this implies also that Still Today the Moral Principle Approach is still the elemental and Prevalescent Measurement framework of Concepts complying to Law and Justice in its essencial Meaning.

Even Daily Life is still based on Moral and Best Practices as Anyone can See and Experience as Person or User or Employee or whatever.
Every Day Everything is just Fine, Sun Shines and all promises are kept , all Services are Paid and delivered, Noone Cheats, Everyone Remedies Mistakes until they disappear… and Truth is spoken once the mouth is open. The next revision of Dictionaries Worldwide will be to indicate that Lies is now a deprecated word and will be removed in subsequent editions of the common knowledge base 100%. In the meantime it is within common sense to use instead the correct wording for the description of a phenomena of former times and eliminating any restricting personal asumption: Error. Also Some of the World Leading Artists Use the refined Version of Substitution to express the underlying meaning: mm SYNTAX ERROR … and Fart while they Speak and sudden outbursts of Stink and BASIC INSTINCT Joy…
JAJAJA, the distorted faces and ask and wonder loudly: WHY.

PFRRRT. oh, a tiny little bug. so cute lets have them plenty. oh yeah, I will make twenty. JaJaJa, I like that make me up and reach the plenty by duplicating each and every 20 and we are in business, yeah.
by the time the find out the bigger picture we will be in power and enforce the big one. lets start with the height issue and adjustment to contents loaded into them or just as containers or spaceholders..
The tags etc… html and css issues.

programming issues in the code of a browser and by no means a castle or spaceship of unknown species… just one fucking bug in the basement, the codebase.

A Holy Grail for One that makes for Millions of Hours of People using Devices and Brains and Hearts and Hands to type around these tiny little and completely unimportant bugs.

By the way Spotted in both Quarters, Open Source and Commercial Browsers. and it is not the only one. there a several top issues of simple flaws that jurk off abillion of losses worldwide forcing to adjust to a totally unwanted private standard since I dont remember anymore but googling and looking for the vast amount at each query and the millions and tons of hours spend to sort out the advertisements from solutions and anyway all the pathway along to avoid any such action because the promises are kept and common sense and respect is applied by the Major Browser MarketPlayers who deserve a customer or User.

UNIMPORTANT COMES FROM IMPORTANT AND DUPLACER NATURAL LAW POSTULATES

100% QUALIFIED INDEPENDENT ENTITY , BOUND and BONDED BY LAW TO OBEY THE LAW IN ALL ASPECTS OF CERTIFICATION AND DISCORDANCE ADJUSTMENTS. TO ANALYSE COMMON COMPLAINTS OF USERS OF SUCH AND OTHER PRODUCTS AND EVALUATE REAL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE GUARTANTEED AND PROMISED FEATURES. SEE IT AS A MARK OF BEEING A 100% COMMITED COMPANY THAT BUZZES TO BE USER ORIENTED AND MAYBE ONLY REACHES THIS GOAL BY AN INFERIOR NUMBER OF ANY KIND. AS IT IS CERTIFIED TO BE BELOW SUCH A MARK, THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE IMPLICATION OF KEEPING BUGS ON TRACK WILL BE REWARDED AS SUCH WITH A PUBLICLY TRUSTED NOT RECOMMENDED MARK AND THE SUBSEQUENT QUARANTINE WARNING IF THE BUGS THAT CAUSE SEVERE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES ALL ALONG THE INTERNET ACTIVITIES AND RELATED FIELDS, WHICH ARE IN FACT ALMOST ALL. TO BEAR IN MIND THE BIG PICTURE OF SMALL MISTAKES IN SEUQNECES AND STEADY PRODUCTION IN THIS STILL 20TH CENTURY THINKING APROACH THAT BECOMES MORE AND MORE ABSURD AND STARTS TO BECOME A STIGMA OF OUR TIME, STILL IGNORANT IN THE VAST AMOUNT OF SINTESIS THAT ALREADY INHABITS THIS POTENTIALLY LOVELY PLANET WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL IF THAT IS REALLY DESIRED AT ANY POINT IN THE FUTURE… ALWAYS IN THE FUTURE…

(LAW = bUG rEMOVAL AND REMEDY AND COMPENSATION 100% as LEGAL REQUIREMENT)

Maybe it is Time to Postulate that a yearslong delay in basic funcionality
of one: A Simple Bug ” height:100%; ” for years. Tortuga Brainwaves seem to rule in the Browser Programmers Headquarters.

A goodwill Thought as proof of an Anticoncept:

Imagine statistically there must be One Guy and More in a Big Company or organization who stumbled upon this error as user at home and as professional related to the project and process hopefully too;

even if he was not allowed to remedy, some of them might have a clear solution and keep or are kept in the silence (maybe some kind of compensation or a dictatorship of a contract and a Worst Practice Business Culture day by Day) of No Yet, while On the Wave to TRILLIONILAND and with such a Pity of Resistance and Syndication and No Truthfull Binding Support by the Law and including a International Pendant to enforce Justice where it is not given by Habit and Intention.

Wild West; Now WorldWide as seen on Screen, everyday, everytime.

WWW the shit we all know and the lack of a wire to pull and flush!
WWD the future we might see while we WAIT WATCH DREAM

In the meantime with a few Bucks there could be worked out a solution in opensource spaces, a simple plugin that comes bundled with these browser that patches automatically to the recommended standard.
I think it is easier to understand if I say: Fucking include it into the Browser Engines for a sake in common.

Second to say: STOP once for all offending the very feelings of common sense justifying minor bugs and new issues as absurd excuse to justify previous and still unremoved or revamped bugs.
People started a while ago to wonder why so and what can be done against such a
OFFENSE AND SCANDAL to COMMON RIGHTS..
EVENTUALLY A CREATIVE COLLECTIVE WILL REGISTER A NICE DOMAIN.

OPEN SOURCE ITS COVER ATTRACTIVE TO ENABLE FREE SPEECH AND PARTICIPATION OF ALL WHO PARTICIPATE BY A VOLUTARILY AND PUBLICLY SIGNED DONATION THAT CLEARLY STATES A SIGNIFICANCE OF PURPOSE AND MEANING AND A AUTOMATIC MEMBERSHIP IS GAINED ENABLING ACCESS TO ALL COMMITTED CONTRIBUTIONS FOR QUALIFIED USE IN OWN PROJECTS AND FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
EACH TIME THERE IS A BUG THERE COMES A FAST ADDITION TO THE RIDICOULOSITY CHART FOR FREE DOWNLOAD AND AUTOMATIC UPDATE.

AS A SPECIAL COURTESY THE COLLECTIVE DONATES IN CHARITY THE HEALING SOURCECODE ALSO TO THE COMPANY STRIKED BY ITS OWN INCAPACITY AND WILL TO OVERCOME BASIC CUSTOMER RELATION HURDLES AND FALLOUTS IN ORDER TO ENABLE LEARNING BY DOING PLUS THE MAGIC INCENTIVE OF A SMILING AND GENEROUS AND COMPLETELY FUTURELESS OPEN SOURCE COMMITTED COMMUNITY THAT HAS ONLY A FEW MEMBERS BUT GROWS IGNORED AS WELL AS PROMOTED EACH TIME ONE RECOMMENDS TO SWITCH TO SOMEONES BROWSER WHO DOES WORK FOR THE USER AS EXPEXTED

IT IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCE… EXPERIENCES ARE FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS. MARKETING LIES AND SLOPPY CHOPPY PROGRAAMMING FOR SUCH A VAST MARKET LEAVES EACH TIME THINGS EVOLVE A EACH TIME HEAVIER AND BREATHTAKINGER TALE THAT EVENTUALLY REVERSES THE COURSE OF NUMBERS, PRESTIGE AND PERCEPTION IN THE SILENCE OF EACH AND EVERY DECEIVED uSER OR FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER IN HIS VERY THOUGHT AND FEELING IN INTIMATE SPACE: THE HEARTBRAIN AND THE HAND THAT GOES TO THE POCKET TO SHELF OUT SOME BUCKS TO REPEAT THE PURGING SURPRISE OF SAMENESS AND RECREATE ONCE AGAIN THE PAIN OF BEING CHEATED AS IF WE WERE ALL IDIOTS, WHICH WE ALL ARE ONCE IN A WHILE AND IN FRIENDLY AND FREE SPACE.

BIG BUZZ RIGHT NOW BUT I CANNOT DIVISE THE COCONUTCRACKERS AT ALL
ALL I CAN SEE ARE SOME COCOBONGOPLAYERS WHO PASS THROUGH TIME SLAPPING AND PASSING THE BALL WITHOUT SCORING FOR THE BIG PICTURE AT ALL.:

LETS SAY: BUGBUGBUG.COM
AND
OFFER

A NICE ENVIRONMENT TO GET THE BRAIN CLEAR.
A FUND THAT IS POWERED BY THOSE WHO REALLY ARE ABLE TO PUT UP ANY NUMBER TO GUARANTEE A SIGNIFICANCE BY ASSIGNING A BUDGET TO A PURPOSE AS IN ALL TIME BUSINESS SUCCESS STRATEGY 100% AT NO RISK. IF YOU BUY SOMETHING BY ALL MEANS IT IS USUALLY ACHIEVED AS FOR EACH TASK A FORCE OF QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED GROUP OF CREATIVES AND TECNICIANS WILL DO THE SHITLOAD OF WORK TO TRANSLATE IDEAS ON PAPER AND IN MINDS AND ON SCREENS IN FUNCIONAL ADAPTIONS THAT COMPLEMENT AND SUBSTITUE CERTAIN FORMS OF INTERACTION AS ACTUAL IMPROVEMENT OF A EFFICIENT USE AND ASIGNMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AS TIME, FOCUS AND DEDICATED CONCENTRATION TO THE TASKS AND VALUES THE TOOLS WHERE CONCEIVED AND A NATURAL NEED EVOLVED ALONGSIDE TO ADAPT AND INTEGRATE IN A SNUG MANNER INTO OUR LIFESTYLES AND COMMITMENTS OF ALL KIND.

BY BUYING PROFESSIONAL TASKFORCES FOR A COMMON TASK THAT ALL MEMBERS WILL BENEFIT
A CLEAR COMMUNICATION STRATEGY AND GOAL
A CLEAR SERVICE THAT IS ENTIRELY FOCUSED TO PROOF AND RIDICULIZE ANY EFFORT TO MAKE UP MORE BUGS IN BUG AND RELATED PHENOMENA OF OUR TIME WHICH CAN BE REMOVED IF TRULY DESIRED BY THE POWER OF COMMITED COMMUNICATION AND PRINCIPLES PLUS SOME MAGIC AND WONDERFUL MOTIVATION INCENTIVE EACH TIME MORE PROPER AND SPREADING LIKE A WELCOME PLAGUE.

INTERNET DEMOCRACY MEANS TO PUT UP STATEMENTS AND SPREAD THEM. EACH STATEMENT CLEARLY SIGNED BY THE CORRESPONDING INDIVIDUAL OR REPRESENTED BODY AND ALL ALIGNED ON TOP-NOTCH WEBSPACES

A NICE DESIGNED CHART THAT REFLECTS SOME DATA ALONG WITH A PROGRAMMED SOLUTION FOR OPEN SOURCE BROWSER BUGS RELATED TO THE ACCORDING STANDARD READY TO IMPLEMENT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN DONE.
AND FOR THE MONOPOLY BROWSER COMPANY THAT HAS SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES EACH TIME IT ADDED “MORE” SINTESIS INTO ITS PRODUCTS WITHOUT COUNTING UP FOR THE COMPLEXITY OF ALREADY INHERENT IMPEDIMENTS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS OF THE SAME PRODUCT AS WELL AND THE IMPACT ON THE BRANDS PERCEPTION AND IMAGE LOSS OVER THE YEARS. MANY LAUGH AND MORE AND MORE IN PUBLIC AND ON SPECIALIZED MEETINGS AND CONFERENCES ALL THE TIME. i WOULD SAY THAT IS A BIG MISTAKE AND ILLUSION TO THINK THAT THERE IS STILL SOME ACHIEVEMNT BECUASE THE NUMBERS ARE STILL PLEASANT. THAT IS NOT WHAT BUSINESS AND GROWING IS ABOUT AT ALL. SOCIAL COMMITTMENT AND SUSTAINED GROWING NEITHER IS. EVEN LESS IN THE CONTEMPORARY CONTEXT WHERE EVERYTHING IS PRESENTED AS GROWING TOGETHER AND BECOMING TOTALLY INTERDEPENDENT TO REACH ANY PROPOSED SUCCESS WHICH DEPENDS ON EACH AND EVERY IN A SETUP OF INTERDISCIPLINAR AND COMPLEX YET TO SIMPLIFY INTERACTION

Removing a bug, a mistake, an error is in the case of a commercial product that comes bundled with a paid system that a majority is relying in all major tasks of human life by custom and historical reasons of the evolving of a new context of communication and a virgin market and still in creation as it will be in the future.

As for saving the definition of the word and meaning of professionalism and keep its significance as pure and close to its original concept which does exclude idiotism and imposturous practises that inhibit equal opportunities for all.

Impossible!
that cannot be fixed for Ages by Thousands of Programmers at The One or the Other Company or Open Source Community or only Hundreds or Maybe even There is Just One, Poor Mate, One heartful soul maybe and has a paypal account so we can all donate a dime for its remedy and implementation to make it actually work in a lifetime.

Or that kind of straight programmer who just spotting the bug removes it in the codebase and doesn’t even mention it for it might have been forbidden to repair a bug that might be understood in the near future as a substancial ipediment and negligence on behalf the consumer and users and their time and efforts to prosper by focussing on their tasks rather than on tasks that are pure patching efforts of a much deeper problem in todays business and communication practices who lack of Creative Leadership that embodies all concepts that matter under one straight setup and in sintesis making all prospects 100% real so we can go on and tackle the next urgent problem right afterwards.
We have Only One Lifetime. This approach to Life on Earth means that there is a limit of bugs and bugs in bugs that delay and break the much faster community and standard based approach as Innovation has prooven along all the recent years and will sooner or faster lead to the very big picture that is just around the corner and even in front of thy head, dear reader, if you are able and want to tackle it, future starts also always NOW. It is in the very essence a heartfull bond to a commited purpose and if One accounts for the hours and frustration spend in a unjustifyable way sparing a few bucks to hire by the force and will of thousands the taskbased collective that actually will offer step by step a clear pathway by doing and offering no escapism oportunities by the use of superior natural intelligence and wit. devs, progs, crackers , hackers united and friendly people, private and in business with guts and balls and a few bucks to endeavour and install a smal investment according to the possibilities and Importance each one determines on it s own and if wished anonymous but much better would be to issue a encrypted and internationally and legally supported certified identity that is hermetic and undisclosed to prevent adversities. this would set a base for future claims as the intended goal is to become a completely useroriented collective that provides all kind of backing available to big companies and consortiums that abuse their economic position and power and enforce by the power of public user decisions and statements step by step and each time more consistent Implementations of all kind of Rights and Services.

Millions of hours are spend on fucking plugins and extensions or improvements but still there is no solution at reach that Remedies by Removing the bug and Providing a Working Solution at Once.

WELL THE ENGINE HERE REMOVED THE ISSUE IN THE CODE:

I was talking about the height issue in div and iframe tags when a percentage value is applied as unit of measurement.

this might be trivial but surpisingly it has been > One Hell of an issue to all INTERNETERS for so many Years.

Firefox 2.1 will include natively a fix to this… JAJAJA is a challenge for the sake of communication and common sense…

IE 12.05 will have this feature too.
I promise I have seen it in a dream and dreams eventually come true. events ocurr. I did not see when but if I come to dream again of microsoft future I will gladly share so we all come to know.

(BURMISZCZ WAS HERE) {MM}

i MUST APOLOGIZE HERE i HAVE BEEN DREAMING AGAIN OF MICROSOFT FUTURE AND I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE MISTAKEN THE SWATCH THAT INDICATED FIVE PAST TWELVE IN MY IMAGINARY FOR THE VERSION NUMBER WITH SOLUTIONS TO MY ALPTRAUMA: height : 100%;
nevertheless i look forward in my dreams to see some clear signs in my heaven; my heartbrain… good night, the wine was excellent and the music stimulating enough. give me five as the plant says and smiles.

(burmiszcz was here again)

Afzal Ali said

Answer to Jacek Rafal Tatko Duplacer

If you read what you wrote in my response, a monopoly and the modern economics example, Whey then you expect Microsoft to bring their product your way or the way all other crappy tools doing in the market.

If opensouce is evolving such that it is becoming a common need, why the hell is their low contribution in market?

I guess you know what I said is more or less in favor of Microsoft but I hope you understand when they develop a product they have a customer base and facing music from them worldwide.

Frankly speaking, they do have a Monopoly and thats mainly they are good at competing and they were there before anyone else. They HAVE CAPTURED THE MARKET AND YOU CAN NOT TAKE IT BACK FOR SURE!!!

Kris said

Wow, good job Guillermo. I just read your about page and I have to say I’m impressed.

Not with just your age and skills in programming (especially the WP-o-matic plug-in) but the fact that you can convey your ideas and thoughts clearly.

You will be successful. No doubt.

FlashXSFX said

I looked at screenshots service that you used to generate the screenshots, and I couldn’t find any info on what OS they were using to browse with.

I’ve noticed that most of my PNG problems in IE7, are actually only problems with IE7 in WinXP specifically. In Vista, the PNG problem I encountered recently didn’t exhibit the same behavior, and appeard to work fine. (the issue was with stretched PNG images with alpha)

Does anyone know if this problem shows up in Vista?

Burn said

Face it…Microsoft will never make good working apps. I’ll wait for the day Microsoft will just vanish into thin air, and leave us all in glory so we can put Microsoft in our history books as the worst developers nightmare there was.

Jan said

well of course it’s a fact that M$ produces shitty products. as all web developers, I’m having the same problems with IE7.

It’s really annoying, beacuse now we have to write haxes for IE6 AND for IE7. it just sux.

Although I think that has to be sth in M$ policy to give out crappy products. For example, they have a lot, and with a lot I mean 1000 or more programmers, that work for them, and if they can’t create ONE IE without bugs, than fire them all and hire FF crew.

I hope that IE7 is their finel release of IE’s :D or I’ll go crazy. :P

Marjolein said

@Afzal Ali
“Whey then you expect Microsoft to bring their product your way or the way all other crappy tools doing in the market.”

Those crappy tools you refer too? Firefox complies to web standards and you can develop to your heart’s content for that browser, using web standards. With the same web standards, you have a lot of trouble developing for any IE. Note the trent? World-wide standards!

So I wonder… should we expect the standards to be changed to suit Microsoft or should Microsoft finally start complying to those standards used and recognized all over the world.

Ben said

Yes, like always IE is a pain in the arse to deal with. Personally I use opera because it is the most secure, fast and multi-platform with plenty of nice features. Instead of these stupid “get firefox” adverts/buttons on sites it would be good to see something discouraging users from using IE.

K-html, mozilla and opera browsers all support the html and css standards quite well, as shown by the acid two test they are all miles ahead of IE(a big red pool of blood). It doesn’t matter which of the alternative browsers are used so long as they are based on k-html, mozilla or opera. I don’t like safari it is a pos but it renders the pages right, apple (or konqueror anyway) have got the basics right.
Unfortunatly IE wil always have a big market share so long as it is included with windows and we’ll just have to live with it. They are a big corperate arsehole of the world and will not change anything unless it makes them money(immediatly or in future).

Mike said

One weird issue I’ve just encounted with IE7 is that entire sections of some of my pages mysteriously disappear when I hover my mouse over a text link utilizing a title attribute.
Yet on the other pages (not experienceing the issue), the code for the text links include the exact same title attributes.

The only workaround I’ve found is to remove the title attributes from the source code on the affected pages. (Which I hate to do for consistency’s sake…)

Hi,
thanks for the GIF workaround… hopin’ that there will be more complex workarounds for IE in the future…

tovorinok said

Hello

Great book. I just want to say what a fantastic thing you are doing! Good luck!

G’night

kral oyun said

bono said

i started dev with 4.x IE/NN, since then there are allways the same issues, compatibility and version problems.

this is the answer i’ll take for my personal sites.

The commercial sites could change, too. I was in at least in two global players wich have strictly use of NN/FF.

I’m not completly hopeless that some day ms will take us developers seriously.

psychic mystical medium white psychic medium

Alphabetix said

I can’t stand IE. Always messing up my designs, especially with older versions, and anything with png. I wish the world would migrate to better browsers (Firefox, and such), or at least upgrade to newer versions. Good post.

legatory said

nice blog…
i like both ie7 and firefox and use them alternately….

greetz
legatory

I hate IE. IE7 is better, but still renders things different than Firefox, though most web users are still slave to IE, I tolerate IE.

DooMSDaY said

nice

york news said

news cnn england news

chin said

IE is the only browser which is hard nut to crack for all developers.

frank said

bill gates has never had any concern for the user—his concern has and continues to be how we can integrate the browser and o.s. so it is damn near impossible or at least extremely inconvenient to use anything else. ie7 is a joke. so is windows vista. these are balmers (SP?) last attempt to keep his job.
why has no major company with the financial ability challenged windows—-it would be a pretty easy job—windows since win2000 is nothing new.
if you could grab 60% of o.s. market, why would you not? businesses are ready for an alternative; i know i am.
could it be the money?
could it be the politicos would never allow it?

student loans suntech loans student suntech

Alexwebmaster said

Hello webmaster
I would like to share with you a link to your site
write me here preonrelt@mail.ru

кaмycя said

Прикольно! Хотелось бы побольше таких же интересных постов

Информация занятная. Спасибо. Хотелось бы только обновлений почаще